If you would like to keep or retain your mobile number after switching from your current telco service provider to Phoner, we can are happy to help you port in your mobile number.
This article includes these sections:
- How to port in a number to Phoner?
- How long does the port process take?
- What numbers can be ported into Phoner?
- What else should I take note about the port process?
- How can I renew my ported number subsequently?
How to port in a number to Phoner?
Please complete the following steps:
- Fill in the Letter of Authorization form attached.
Note: The Service Address refers to your carrier provider's business address.
- Send us a copy of your phone bill with your existing carrier to prove ownership of your account.
- Contact your carrier to provide the following account information:
(a) Account Number
(b) Service Address
(c) PIN Code
- If you've already created a Phoner account with us, please share your account username. See How to create a username?
- Email our customer support with the information above.
How long does the port process take?
The porting in process typically takes 2 - 4 weeks, and we will provide updates via email. Once complete, the the number will be added to your account.
What numbers can be ported into Phoner?
We are currently able to port in numbers from the continental United States only.
If you would like to check if your number is compatible with our carrier services, please write in to our customer support and indicate the number in question.
What else should I take note about the port process?
To proceed with the port in process, we require your agreement to the following:
- I will pay standard rates for my Phoner number and usage after my number ports in successfully. It will cost 5000 credits which is a standard amount for a 1 month validity. Please ensure you have sufficient credits in your account.
- I must keep all numbers in service with my current carrier until the port completes to avoid delays or rejections.
- I am responsible for any termination charges imposed by my current carrier for porting my numbers.
- I may be unable to receive messages for up to 3 business days after the port completes.
How can I renew my ported number subsequently?
Once you port in the number successfully, the number will be valid for a period of one month from the start date that it was ported in.
Subsequently, you can choose whether to renew the number via an auto-renewing monthly subscription ($9.99), or via Credits renewal method.
Keen to use our services? Find out what Phoner is about.