If you encounter the following, you may not have completed the verification process on your account.
- Error message
- Message in the Assistant chat
"For your account security, we need to validate your account. Please reply with a mobile phone number that we can use to send you a verification code. Thank you."
- Unable to make any calls or texts, or purchase any Phoner numbers
You will need to complete the verification process. Once your account is verified you will be able to resume texting and calling, as well as purchasing new Phoner numbers.
To validate your account, please follow the steps below:
If you are a US resident:
- Launch the Phoner app
- Go to the ‘Messages’ tab
- Tap on the middle bar at the top, where it says ‘Free Number’ or your Phoner number
- Find and choose your ‘Free Number’
- Tap on the conversation with 'Assistant'
- Type in your real carrier-registered phone number to receive a verification code.
- Please include the country code in front of the number using the "+" symbol, and without dashes or brackets within the number.
- It should be in this format "+1XXXXXXXXXX".
- Enter the verification code sent to your number and reply to the Assistant to complete the verification process.
IMPORTANT: To ensure that we can send you a verification code, please make sure that the phone number you send to our Assistant:
- Has not been used to verify another account with us i.e. you have not previously used this number on another Phoner account.
- Is not one of our own Phoner numbers i.e. you cannot use any of the Phoner numbers that you own.
- Is a valid and real phone number i.e. has a post-paid subscription to it.
If you are a non-US resident:
Kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us a copy of your
- Post-paid phone bill from your carrier with phone number and full name clearly stated
- The post-paid phone bill must be recent, within the last 3 months.
- Photo ID (front and back) that matches the full name in the phone bill.
- Accepted documents: Government-issued ID Card, Driver Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate.
If you are unable to receive the verification code:
Kindly email us at email@example.com to restart the verification process.
- Please ensure that you enter your mobile number, with country code in front and without dashes. It should be in this format "+1XXXXXXXXXX" for US numbers, for example.
- Confirm that the phone number you send to our Assistant:
- Has not been used to verify another account with us
- Is not one of our own Phoner numbers
- Is a valid and real phone number