If you encounter the following, you may not have completed the verification process on your account.
- Error message
- Message in the Assistant chat
"For your account security, we need to validate your account. Please reply with a mobile phone number that we can use to send you a verification code. Thank you."
- Unable to make any calls or texts, or purchase any Phoner numbers
To validate your account, please follow the steps below:
If you are a US resident:
- Launch the Phoner app
- Go to the ‘Messages’ tab
- Tap on the middle bar at the top, where it says ‘Free Number’ or your Phoner number
- Find and choose your ‘Free Number’
- Tap on the conversation with 'Assistant'
- Type in your real carrier-registered phone number to receive a verification code. (Please include the country code in front of the number. For US numbers, add +1 in front of the number)
- Enter the verification code sent to your number and reply to the Assistant to complete the verification process.
To ensure that we can send you a verification code, please make sure the phone number you send to our Assistant:
- Has not been used to verify another account with us
- Is not one of our own Phoner numbers
- Is a valid and real phone number
If you are a non-US resident:
Kindly email us at email@example.com and send us a copy of your
- Post-paid phone bill from your carrier with phone number and full name clearly stated
- Photo ID (front and back) that matches the full name in the phone bill.