VPN Vault leverages a proprietary protocol, improving your experience compared to the OpenVPN protocol used by most VPN apps such as ExpressVPN and NordVPN.
- Faster Connection Time
- Traditional VPN protocols such as OpenVPN require a three-way handshake between the VPN client, the VPN server and the destination server that goes for two round trips.
- VPN Vault's proprietary protocol, your data packet’s TCP (transmission control protocol) portion is handled only between your device and the VPN client. This makes the three-way handshake shorter, as it’s only happening between the VPN server and the destination server.
- Enhanced Security
- Traditional VPN protocols happen at the packet level, which means additional mechanisms are needed to block attacks on your device.
- Our VPN Vault protocol only operates between your client and the VPN client, which means no external devices can connect to the VPN client on its own. Your device controls the connection entirely, so you win at the end of the day.
- More Firewall-friendly
- Traditional VPN protocols end up being slower, as they use protocols such as TCP that contain error-correcting features.
- Our VPN Vault protocol runs over TCP using TLS (Transport Layer Security), a cryptographic protocol that mimics most Internet traffic. This allows our VPN Vault protocol to be used in more restrictive network environments such as in corporations.