Note: This feature is only available for iOS users at the moment.
We're expanding our number offerings on Phoner with VIP numbers that are more unique and memorable for your contacts. You must be on an iOS device to use this feature.
This article includes these sections:
- What are VIP Numbers?
- What are the benefits of VIP Numbers?
- How do I buy a VIP Number?
- Why can't I see any results for VIP numbers?
- How should my contacts reach out on the VIP number?
- Are there any other methods of purchase for VIP numbers?
What are VIP Numbers?
Our VIP numbers are local US phone numbers using recognizable patterns of letters or numbers in the last 7 digits of the phone number (excluding area code).
- A keyword. e.g. +1-XXX-FLOWERS; +1-XXX-123-SALE
- A numeric sequence e.g. +1-XXX-291-8888; +1-XX3-333; +1-X12-1212
- Both keyword & numeric sequence e.g. +1-XXX-12-33YES; +1-XXX-333YEAR
VIP numbers containing a keyword will have each character mapping to a number. For example, the VIP number +1-510-679-CAFE is also +1-510-679-2233. The following image illustrates the character mapping for the keyword CAFE.
What are the benefits of VIP Numbers?
If you want a memorable number for your business, a VIP number can be useful. In fact, studies have shown that 35% of people are more likely to call a VIP number than a non-VIP number.
For instance, as a café business owner, a number like +1-510-679-CAFE is easy for your customers to call and place an order. Placing this VIP number on your ad campaigns can make your business number stand out as well!
How do I buy a VIP Number?
- Launch the Phoner app.
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab.
- Tap on the circle '+' button at the bottom right.
- Tap on 'VIP Number'.
- Search for your preferred keyword, number, or a combination of keyword and number. In your search, ensure that you:
- Enter a minimum of 3 characters. Do not exceed 7 characters.
- Do not add spaces or dashes.
- A list of numbers containing your search should appear. If you do not see any results, try removing one or two characters to see if results appear.
- Tap on your preferred number.
- You should now be brought to a subscription screen if the number you picked is eligible for subscription purchase. Here, you can start an automatic renewing subscription so that you do not lose your number. As phone number availability changes every second, complete your purchase as soon as possible to ensure you get the phone number you want.
Why can't I see any results for VIP numbers?
If you do not see any results on your VIP number search, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Your search contains spaces or dashes. To resolve this, remove all spaces and dashes in your search.
- Your search contains less than 3 characters. To resolve this, increase your search to 3 characters.
- Your search contains more than 7 characters. To resolve this, shorten your search to 7 characters.
- There are no available numbers for your search at the moment. To resolve this, try searching with a different keyword.
How should my contacts reach out on the VIP number?
- Your contacts can simply enter your VIP number on their dial pad e.g. +1-510-679-CAFE and you will be able to receive the call.
- If your contacts are unable to type on their dial pad, the regular number e.g. +1-510-679-2233 would work as well.
- If you make an outgoing call to your contact, your callerID will appear in the numeric form i.e. +1-510-679-2233.
- To text on your VIP number, your contact will need to text the numeric form of your VIP number i.e. +1-510-679-2233.
- If you make an outgoing call to your contact, your senderID will appear in the numeric form i.e. +1-510-679-2233.
Are there any other methods of purchase for VIP numbers?
VIP numbers are only available for purchase via a subscription basis.
If you prefer to purchase a VIP number using Credits, we are sorry that we do not have that option available at the moment.