Many major services e.g Social Media, Texting, Banking apps sometimes verify the phone number required on their app against larger mobile carriers, which can cause the verification service to reject your Phoner number. This is why you may not be able to receive a verification code.
For services like WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, Uber, Venmo, CashApp, it is recommended to get a number from a major mobile carrier in the country.
If you are having trouble receiving verification codes, you will need to contact the service you are trying to verify with, to whitelist your number in order to receive the verification code.
To troubleshoot receiving verification code issues, ensure that:
- You have the latest version of the app installed from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You have entered your full international Phoner number, including the country code. For example, a US phone number is: + 1 XXX-XXX-XXXX.
- You have an active and stable Internet connection.
- Your device can receive international SMS messages.
- Your device is able to support the app that you have downloaded.