Our phone numbers are not guaranteed to work with verification code services that send SMS OTP, used in apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook, Uber, CashApp or Venmo. Many major services, e.g Social Media, Texting, Banking, Apps etc sometimes verify the phone number against larger mobile carriers and if the number does not belong to them, they may reject it.
This does not happen only to our app, with numerous VOIP apps being rejected as well when it comes to verifying a new account. The only safe bet is if it comes from the major mobile carrier in the country.
We find that contacting the service you are trying to verify with is the best solution moving forward.
- You can first check with them if VOIP numbers are accepted on the app.
- Then, you can let them know that you would like your number to be whitelisted in order to receive the verification code.
- Alternatively, if the option to receive the verification code via a phone call is available, you can try that option instead.
To troubleshoot receiving verification code issues, ensure that:
- You have the latest version of the app installed from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You have entered your full international Phoner number, including the country code. For example, a US phone number is: + 1 XXX-XXX-XXXX.
- You have an active and stable Internet connection.
- Your device can receive international SMS messages.
- Your device is able to support the app that you have downloaded.