You can record incoming and outgoing calls in Phoner. This can be useful in various use cases such as:
- For recording special moments with loved ones
- For business to capture every detail when talking to customers, or
- For retaining audio proof and evidence to safeguard against liability or in legal situations.
Recording a phone call is governed by the local telephone laws. In many countries, you are required to inform the other parties that you are recording a call before starting the conversation.
In addition, Credits are needed to record phone calls. Please ensure that you have sufficient Credits, or learn how to top up your Credits in your balance.
To record a call on Phoner:
- Launch the Phoner app
- Go to the ‘Phone’ tab
- Tap on the ‘REC’ button at the bottom
- You should see a message stating 'Recording Terms'
- Tap the 'Continue' button, and you should see the 'REC' button turn to a red color
- With recording mode on, all incoming and outgoing phone calls will be recorded
- To turn off recording mode, tap on the 'REC' button.
To playback your call recording on Phoner:
Once you have made an incoming or outgoing call on Phoner,
- Go to your call and text history under the 'Messages' tab
- Find the recording that has been made. You may need to wait if you see the message "Your call recording is completed and the recording will be available soon. Please check back in again."
- If the recording has been processed, tap on the Play icon ▷ next to the recording
- If you wish to save the recording, tap on the Information icon ⓘ next to the recording
- At the top right, tap on the Share icon at the top right of the screen, and you should see various saving and sharing options.
Recordings are only stored for 30 days on the Phoner app, so we recommend to save the file to avoid losing the recording file.