Note: Only for users in US, UK, or Canada.
The 'free number' is a trial line you can use for calling and texting before deciding to purchase. It is an anonymous number, which means it will appear as a different number for each different person you text.
How to Use the 'Free Number':
- Launch the Phoner app
- Go to the ‘Messages’ tab
- Tap on the middle bar at the top, where it shows your Phoner number
- A list of all your numbers will appear
- Tap on the 'Free Number' to make it active.
- Send out a text to your contacts.
- You need to text someone first, before your contact will be able to see your number to text you back.
- Once you have texted someone, a number is randomly assigned and becomes the permanent number between you and the recipient. This number is different for each contact that you text.
- Until you text someone, your free number is not known. For a more permanent number that you can keep or share with your contacts, you can purchase a Phoner number.
- Suppose you text Contact A (Number +1 415 855 1111) with the Free Number. Your recipient, Contact A, will receive a text from a random number e.g. +1 408 223 2222.
- Next, you want to text Contact B (Number +1 415 855 3333) with the Free Number. Your recipient, Contact B, will receive a text from a different random number e.g. +1 782 210 1963.
This feature allows you to communicate with people without revealing your real phone number, maintaining your anonymity. Please note that there is a limit to the number of recipients that you can message with this number. Once you have exceeded it, you will not be able to use the Phoner Number to text new recipients.
Common Questions About the 'Free Number':
- What is my 'Free Number'?
Text a contact first, and them ask them to share the number that they see from their end.
- Am I charged when using the 'Free Number'?
The 'free number' is a free service for our users to enjoy. However, users have to top up with Minutes, Texts or Credits to use the service.
- Can I call and text internationally with the 'Free Number'?
Yes, and Credits will be consumed per call minute or message text.
- I can't text anymore with the 'Free Number', why is that?
There are two main reasons if you are unable to use the 'free number':
(A) You have insufficient Credits / Minutes / Texts. Please check that you have sufficient balance to proceed. See: How to top up Credits balance? and How to top up Minutes and Texts balance?
(B) You have reached the maximum number of contacts available. If you are intending to use the 'free number' beyond the maximum number of contacts allowed, our overall service is not free as our objective is to provide the best quality in text experience. You will need to use the premium Phoner number that you own. See How to purchase a Phoner number?
- Do I need to renew the 'Free Number'?
You do not need to renew the 'free number', as it renews automatically with the purchase of any subscriptions or packages on our app. If you have accidentally renewed the 'free number', kindly contact our support team for assistance.