If you are receiving calls and texts from unknown numbers, please be assured that our systems have not been compromised. The numbers we buy are 'cleaned' to ensure that the numbers are free from spam. This issue is not unique to Phoner Numbers. These calls are just as likely to be reaching your real carrier-registered phone number as they have on your Phoner number.
What to do if you are receiving spam calls or texts:
- Do not answer or pick up spam calls and texts.
- We recommend not answering them for your own safety. The reason is because it is impossible to know the origin of the call and texts, and a large number of phone scams are conducted this way. The only sure way to protect yourself is to ignore these calls and texts.
- Block the number immediately.
- We also recommend that you block the number to stop receiving calls and messages. When you block a phone number or contact, they can still dial your number or send out a text from their end, but they will not be able to get through and their messages will not be delivered to your device.
- See How to block someone from calling or texting me?
- Contact your local law enforcement authorities.
- If you suspect that you are being harassed, please reach out to your local law enforcement agency or authorities.